Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has received the report of the Justice Ayo Salami-led probe panel on alleged corruption charges against suspended Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, at the State House, Abuja.
In a ceremony in the Executive Council Chambers of the State House, the panel, led by Justice Salami, would be handing boxes of documents, believed to be volumes of the report to the President.
Recall that the Panel was inaugurated by President Muhammadu Buhari in July and was given 45 days to carry out the assignment but the timeframe was extended further after the panel requested more time.
The commission led by retired Justice Ayo Salami has been investigating the activities of EFCC under the leadership of the suspended Acting Chairman, Ibrahim Magu.
This follows allegations of corruption and misconduct among others. The allegations were raised by the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami.
However, the panel after concluding its findings submitted the outcome to Buhari.
This was disclosed in a tweet by the Presidency: “NOW: President @MBuhari receiving the report of the Judicial Commission of Inquiry on the Investigation of Mr. Ibrahim Magu, the Acting Chairman, @officialEFCC. Justice Ayo Salami, Chair of the Judicial Commission, presenting the Report. #AsoVillaToday.”
Magu was accused of corruption and abuse of office by the Attorney-General of the Federation, AGF and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami.
President Muhammadu Buhari approved the suspension of Ibrahim Magu as chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission “in order to allow for unhindered inquiry by the Presidential Investigation Panel,” according to a statement Friday by the spokesman for the Justice Ministry.
Magu is being investigated following allegations made by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami.
They include the “alleged sale of seized assets to cronies, associates and friends.” Magu denies the allegations.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan
- Former Goalkeeper and Super Eagles Assistant Coach, Joe Erico has died
- COVID-19: Insecurity is Nigeria’s coronavirus – Former Sokoto Governor
- Biden reverses Trump’s Muslim ban
- Presidency says N-Power beneficiaries can now get permanent jobs
- Pogba shoots Manchester United to top of Premier League
- Fact Check: Tweet urging Nigerians to register for NIN or get banned is from a parody account
- After 6 days in captivity, Bauchi House of Assembly member has been released