Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Katsina State Hisbah Board have destroyed bottles of different beer worth million of naira in the state.
The action was carried out by Hisbah personnel in Daura Local Government Area on Tuesday.
Hisbah recently made headlines for destroying 1,975,000 bottles of beer worth over N200m in Kano State.
The agency established to enforce Sharia law in some states in Northern Nigeria, recently banned stylish haircuts, sagging of trousers and playing of music at social events by disk jockeys in Kano and Kebbi states.
The group also banned commercial motorcycle and tricycle riders from carrying two women at a time.
This is in addition to other unusual directives reeled out by the Islamic police.
Despite condemnation from Nigerians, the group has continued its push for Islamic agenda in the North.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- ‘Sheikh Gumi, others should exercise restraint’ Nigerian Army cautions
- COVID-19 Testing: Nigerian Government threatens to ban flights from UAE, Netherlands
- COVID-19: Ogun State receives 50,000 vaccine doses
- Nigerian students can now work in the UK after schooling; here’s the latest directive
- You promised to free her, Leah Sharibu’s family writes Buhari
- Breaking: No fewer than 19 persons have been abducted in Kutunku village in Niger State
- “OBJ, faults and all” – Kingsley Moghalu says former President Obasanjo is Nigeria’s best president since 1999
- Minister Pauline Tallen’s niece has been kidnapped In Jos
- EFCC invites Ondo Assembly members over fraud allegations
- #IWD: Aisha Buhari laments school kidnapping