Estimated Reading Time: 1
Air France, KLM and Lufthansa have received approval to resume Nigerian Operations according to the Federal Government.
In a tweet on Tuesday, the minister of aviation, Hadi Sirika wrote the European Airlines formerly suspended from operations are now allowed to fly including Qatar Airways.
The tweet reads,“We are working with ministry of health, CACOVID & the PTF to open Kano, Port Harcourt & possibly Enugu airports before the end of the year. Also Lufthansa, Air France/KLM has been given go-ahead to resume. Qatar Airways is approved to start Abuja. Thank you for your patience????,” .
Nigeria Aviation Minister had banned flights from these countries for refusing Nigerian flights permission to land due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the subsequent restrictive measures imposed.
“The principle of reciprocity will be applied,” Sirika had told reporters in August. “If you ban us from coming to your country, the same will apply the other way.”
It is however not clear if Nigerians are now allowed to fly into Europe but the presidential task force on COVID-19 (PTF) had restricted 10 airlines from operating in the country when international flight resumed on September 5.
In March, the FG had shut down all airports to curb the spread of coronavirus in the country.
Domestic flights resumed in all airports in July while international flights resumed at the Lagos and Abuja airports in September.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government
- Fredrick Nwabufo: I’m a ‘herdsman’ — all herdsmen are not bandits
- COVID-19: Federal Government says ultra chain cold facility ready for vaccine storage
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home