Estimated Reading Time: 1
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been told to self-isolate after coming into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
“He will carry on working from Downing Street, including on leading the government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic,” a spokesman for Johnson – who was hospitalised with Covid-19 earlier this year – said.
“The PM is well and does not have any symptoms of Covid-19.”
Johnson had a meeting lasting about 35 minutes with some MPs in Number 10 on Thursday morning, including MP Lee Anderson. Anderson then developed symptoms for Covid-19 and tested positive.
The MP for Ashfield and Eastwood, north of Nottingham, posted a picture of himself on Facebook standing apart from Johnson after the meeting on Thursday.
He said: “Breakfast with the PM. This morning I met with the PM at Number 10.
“I was there with my wish list for Ashfield and Eastwood. Investment is coming, you have my word on that.”
After testing positive, Anderson posted again to say he was self-isolating.
“On Friday I lost my sense of taste at the same time my wife had a bad headache,” he said. “I had no cough, no fever and felt well. We both had a test on Saturday and the result came in Sunday morning.”
“My wife and I both tested positive. I feel absolutely fine and my biggest concern is my wife who is in the shielded group.
“But we are both feeling good.”
Boris Johnson spent three nights in intensive care at St Thomas’ Hospital in central London in April after testing positive for Covid-19.
He later said it “could have gone either way” and thanked healthcare workers for saving his life.
It is not yet known, but thought possible, that people can catch the respiratory disease twice
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- ‘Sheikh Gumi, others should exercise restraint’ Nigerian Army cautions
- COVID-19 Testing: Nigerian Government threatens to ban flights from UAE, Netherlands
- COVID-19: Ogun State receives 50,000 vaccine doses
- Nigerian students can now work in the UK after schooling; here’s the latest directive
- You promised to free her, Leah Sharibu’s family writes Buhari
- Breaking: No fewer than 19 persons have been abducted in Kutunku village in Niger State
- “OBJ, faults and all” – Kingsley Moghalu says former President Obasanjo is Nigeria’s best president since 1999
- Minister Pauline Tallen’s niece has been kidnapped In Jos
- EFCC invites Ondo Assembly members over fraud allegations
- #IWD: Aisha Buhari laments school kidnapping