Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen have reportedly kidnapped about 17 students of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria along Kaduna-Abuja expressway.
Daily Nigeria reports that, the kidnapped victims are the 300Level students of the Department of French who were travelling to Lagos for their language immersion program at the Nigerian French Language Village, NFLV.
The Abusites gathered that victims of the Sunday’s kidnapping include: Okafor Grace, Kyenpia Bulus, Dickson Afolabi, Jemimah Badmus, Aliyu. S. Adamu, Simnom Praise, Ziya Asoji, Elizabeth John, Victor Agbo and Precious Mutum.
The blog said it got the kidnap information from a student of the Nigerian French Language Village, Precious Owunna, who took to her Twitter handle to draw attention of Nigerians to the situation.
Precious tweeted, “Hi guys I don’t know how else to say this, we need you prayers please my friends, my course mate were kidnapped @ Kaduna-Abuja road.”
Precious, a UNN student running her program in Badagry, told the Abusites that a student was shot while attempting to escape and a woman was left behind because she had a baby.
A former lawmaker who represented Kaduna Central senatorial district at the Senate during the 8th National Assembly, Shehu Sani, has urged Nigerians to intensify their prayers for the release of the nine students of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) who were kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja road on Sunday, November 15.
He wrote, “Nine students from the Department of French,Faculty of Arts Ahmadu Bello University who were kidnapped along Kaduna Abuja road yesterday are still with their abductors.They were reportedly heading to Badagry,Lagos for an exchange program.Lets pray for them”.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- COVID-19 Testing: Nigerian Government threatens to ban flights from UAE, Netherlands
- COVID-19: Ogun State receives 50,000 vaccine doses
- Nigerian students can now work in the UK after schooling; here’s the latest directive
- You promised to free her, Leah Sharibu’s family writes Buhari
- Breaking: No fewer than 19 persons have been abducted in Kutunku village in Niger State
- “OBJ, faults and all” – Kingsley Moghalu says former President Obasanjo is Nigeria’s best president since 1999
- Minister Pauline Tallen’s niece has been kidnapped In Jos
- EFCC invites Ondo Assembly members over fraud allegations
- #IWD: Aisha Buhari laments school kidnapping
- ‘2.5 million people have registered to join APC in Kano’ Ganduje says