Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen have reportedly kidnapped about 17 students of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria along Kaduna-Abuja expressway.
Daily Nigeria reports that, the kidnapped victims are the 300Level students of the Department of French who were travelling to Lagos for their language immersion program at the Nigerian French Language Village, NFLV.
The Abusites gathered that victims of the Sunday’s kidnapping include: Okafor Grace, Kyenpia Bulus, Dickson Afolabi, Jemimah Badmus, Aliyu. S. Adamu, Simnom Praise, Ziya Asoji, Elizabeth John, Victor Agbo and Precious Mutum.
The blog said it got the kidnap information from a student of the Nigerian French Language Village, Precious Owunna, who took to her Twitter handle to draw attention of Nigerians to the situation.
Precious tweeted, “Hi guys I don’t know how else to say this, we need you prayers please my friends, my course mate were kidnapped @ Kaduna-Abuja road.”
Precious, a UNN student running her program in Badagry, told the Abusites that a student was shot while attempting to escape and a woman was left behind because she had a baby.
A former lawmaker who represented Kaduna Central senatorial district at the Senate during the 8th National Assembly, Shehu Sani, has urged Nigerians to intensify their prayers for the release of the nine students of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) who were kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja road on Sunday, November 15.
He wrote, “Nine students from the Department of French,Faculty of Arts Ahmadu Bello University who were kidnapped along Kaduna Abuja road yesterday are still with their abductors.They were reportedly heading to Badagry,Lagos for an exchange program.Lets pray for them”.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Kidnappers demand N15 million ransom to release couple abducted in Edo
- Hausa Language Movie, ‘The Milkmaid’ has been selected as Nigeria’s entry for the Oscars
- Buhari is the single problem of Nigeria – Coalition of Northern groups fume over insecurity
- Police Service Commission confirms the recruitment of 925 illegal police officers
- Kano PDP has withdrawn from Jan 2021 Local Government Elections
- FCT Minister says his ministry spent N28.5Billion on COVID-19
- #EndSARS: CBN asks court not to unfreeze protesters’ accounts
- We are working on extraditing Maina to Nigeria; Nigeria Police says
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has been announced as Forbes Africa-CNBC African of The Year
- Buhari sacks NAPTIP DG, Julie Okah-Donli, replaces her with Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim