Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), has clarified that the cancellation of the registration of Enough is Enough, is a business organisation linked to one of the leaders of the #EndSARS protests.
In a tweet via its official twitter account, the government agency named the proprietors of the cancelled business as Opayemi Adamolekun and Bisola Edun.
“The name was cancelled based on the provisions of section 579 (2) of the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).” CAC wrote.
NewsWireNGR reports that the CAC first announced its decision on Tuesday with EiE responding on twitter that the announcement does not refer to their organisation.
Ms Yemi Adamolekun, an activist, is the head of the non-governmental organisation, EiE, and is believed to be, alongside the NGO, the main target of the CAC.
Enough is Enough (EiE) Nigeria (aka The EiE Project) was set up in 2010 in the aftermath of various citizen led protests. It kicked off as a loose network of individuals and organizations committed to changing the dynamics of accountability to citizens by public officials and subsequently, has grown into a civil society organisation engaged in civic education and advocacy.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government