Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), has clarified that the cancellation of the registration of Enough is Enough, is a business organisation linked to one of the leaders of the #EndSARS protests.
In a tweet via its official twitter account, the government agency named the proprietors of the cancelled business as Opayemi Adamolekun and Bisola Edun.
“The name was cancelled based on the provisions of section 579 (2) of the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).” CAC wrote.
NewsWireNGR reports that the CAC first announced its decision on Tuesday with EiE responding on twitter that the announcement does not refer to their organisation.
Ms Yemi Adamolekun, an activist, is the head of the non-governmental organisation, EiE, and is believed to be, alongside the NGO, the main target of the CAC.
Enough is Enough (EiE) Nigeria (aka The EiE Project) was set up in 2010 in the aftermath of various citizen led protests. It kicked off as a loose network of individuals and organizations committed to changing the dynamics of accountability to citizens by public officials and subsequently, has grown into a civil society organisation engaged in civic education and advocacy.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- “Nobody has monopoly of intolerance” – Aisha Yesufu says critics of Southern Governors are on expired drugs
- Statement on center for clinical care and clinical research
- “Perfect birthday gift for my daughter” – Super Eagles player, Wilfred Ndidi celebrates FA Cup title win
- SERAP Claims N4.1 billion budgeted for the National Assembly is missing
- INTERVIEW – Dami Duro to FEM: Analysing Davido’s 10 years of making smashing hits back to back
- Sunday Igboho threatens to disrupt the 2023 general elections in Southwest states
- “Be more bothered about the billion missing” – Nigerians react as Ellen Johnson Sirleaf tweets about Hadiza Bala Usman’s probe
- “We are not second class citizens of this country” – Governor Wike and Okowa insist on Asaba resolution
- The Economist: Nigeria’s economy is stuck in a rut
- Breaking: Buhari will on Sunday depart Abuja for France