Estimated Reading Time: 1
Senate President Ahmed Lawan on Monday says Nigeria might face another #EndSARS protest if government fails to effectively address the issue of youth unemployment.
Lawan said government should make provision in its national budget to meaningfully engage the youths noting that there was the need to be more practical with budgetary allocations for the Ministry of Agriculture to create jobs for youths.
Senator Lawan gave the warning at the National Assembly during the budget defence session of the Ministry of Agriculture.
Lawan said Federal Government must take the Agriculture Sector more seriously in its efforts to diversify the economy from oil, stressing that the sector is able to finance the national budget.
Lawan, recounting the events of #EndSARS protests said the youths genuinely expressed their anger and successfully gained the government’s attention.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Food blockade of south by north