Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Buhari has appealed to Nigerians who haven’t felt the impact of the administration and those who feel the government is not doing enough to be patient.
The President made this appeal in Ilorin at a town hall meeting with the traditional rulers, youths, students, organised labour, market women and other stakeholders on the effects of the #EndSARS protests.
The News Agency Of Nigeria reports that the meeting was hosted by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed and attended by the state Governor Abdulrazaq Abdulrahman.
President Buhari’s message was delivered by the Information Minister.
In his address, the minister quoted President Buhari as saying that the Administration has the interest of the youths and the people in general at heart and has been doing a lot to touch their lives.
The president also said the government is constraint by the dwindling resources occasioned by the impact of COVID 19 which also affected the global economy.
“If we have not done enough or we have not touched everybody, we appeal that you please bear with us. In the first instance, what we have is less than 60 per cent of the revenue that was available to other governments that came before us.
“We all know what we suffered during COVID 19, and as we are just trying to recover from this we also face another crisis.”
We appeal that you should please assist the government and be patient.
“This government is dedicated to serving the people and we will continue to try our best to do so
“I thank you all for your perseverance, understanding and patience’, he said
In his contribution, the Emir of Ilorin said the town hall meeting is a good forum for the people to expressed their minds and grievances to government.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Food blockade of south by north