Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari is currently in a closed-door meeting with traditional rulers from across the country.
The members of the National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria (NCTRN) are led by the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Abubakar Sa’ad.
The meeting, which is taking place at the council chambers of the presidential villa, Abuja, is being attended by the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, among other notable kings from across the country.
Although the agenda of the meeting has not been disclosed, it is likely to deliberate on the recent happenings in the country particularly the lootings and destruction of properties by rampaging youths in the aftermath of the #EndSARS protests.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN
- We are short of cooling facilities to store expected Covid-19 vaccines – Nigerian Institute of Medical Research