Estimated Reading Time: 1
The West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) earlier today Monday, released the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) 2020 results.
However, 215,149 of the 1,456,727 candidates’ results were withheld by the Examination Council.
In the Press briefing to announce the results, WAEC Head of the Nigeria National Office, Patrick Areghan disclosed that some results of candidates who sat for the exams were withheld due to examination malpractice.
Areghan explained, “The results of Two Hundred and Fifteen Thousand One Hundred and Forty-Nine (215,149) candidates, representing 13.98% of the total number of candidates that sat for the examination, are being withheld in connection with various reported cases of examination malpractice.
“The cases are being investigated and reports of the investigations will be presented to the appropriate Committee of the Council for determination in due course.
“The Committee’s decisions will be communicated to the affected candidates through their various schools.”
“Out of the total number of candidates that sat for the examination, One Million Four Hundred and Fifty-Six Thousand Seven Hundred and Twenty-Seven (1,456,727) candidates, representing 94.69% have their results fully processed and released while Eighty-One Thousand Seven Hundred and Eighteen (81,718) candidates, representing 5.31% have a few of their subjects still being processed due to some errors on the part of the candidates.
Efforts are, however, being made to speedily complete the processing to enable all the affected candidates get their results fully processed and released, subsequently.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore
- How I lost my wife, 4 children to Flood – 50-year-old man narrates in new CDD documentary
- Gunmen who invaded Abuja orphanage demand for N30 Million
- Governor Kayode Fayemi, says herdsmen were not asked to vacate Ondo State – blames the media
- Just In: Court orders Kaduna prison to release El-Zakzaky’s wife, Zeenat for COVID treatment
- Police investigate Apostle Suleman for allegedly sleeping with pastor’s wife & threatening his life
- PDP justifies Wike’s N500Million donation to Sokoto State