Estimated Reading Time: 1
The West African Examinations Council, WAEC, has said the results of the 2020 Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination would be released on Monday, November 2, 2020.
The release of the results was initially postponed due to the violence and arson in the country, when thugs hijacked the ENDSARS protest.
Thousands of Nigerians marched across cities to demand an end to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, or SARS, a police unit accused of extrajudicial killings and abuses.
The government announced the unit had been disbanded, but many Nigerians are skeptical, as officials have promised an end to the unit and its alleged abuses before.
WAEC had said the unrest in the country affected some of its offices and operations nationwide, then postponed the release.
In an update on Sunday, WAEC tweeted, “This is to inform candidates that sat West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for School Candidates, 2020 that the results of that exam will be released by @waecnigeria tomorrow, Monday, November 2, 2020 by 10:30am.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- “Perfect birthday gift for my daughter” – Super Eagles player, Wilfred Ndidi celebrates FA Cup title win
- SERAP Claims N4.1 billion budgeted for the National Assembly is missing
- INTERVIEW – Dami Duro to FEM: Analysing Davido’s 10 years of making smashing hits back to back
- Sunday Igboho threatens to disrupt the 2023 general elections in Southwest states
- “Be more bothered about the billion missing” – Nigerians react as Ellen Johnson Sirleaf tweets about Hadiza Bala Usman’s probe
- “We are not second class citizens of this country” – Governor Wike and Okowa insist on Asaba resolution
- The Economist: Nigeria’s economy is stuck in a rut
- Breaking: Buhari will on Sunday depart Abuja for France
- Turkish President phones Buhari, seeks Nigeria’s support for Palestine
- Nasarawa speaker says ‘no alternative to Governor Sule in 2023’