Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen suspected to be bandits have kidnapped the district head of Lingyado Village under Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State, Dalha Danjago.
Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mohammed Shehu, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday.
According to the statement, four other victims were also abducted by the gunmen.
The statement reads, “On 25th October 2020 at about 0800 hours suspected bandits attacked Lingyado Village of Maru Local Government and abducted the district head and 4 others.
“Joint police and military units stationed at Bindin to avert and respond to any invasion in those areas were informed of the incident.
“They quickly respond to the distress call and arrived at the village to counter the threat. Their arrival averted the ill – intention of the bandits to kidnap as many as possible.
“Currently, the police search and rescue team in collaboration with the military are in the nearby forest to rescue the district head and the four other kidnapped victims.
“The command is calling on the good people of the state to report any threat of any kind to the security agencies for early response.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money
- Muhyideen Kolawole: The Healthcare System in Nigeria is Collapsing
- Nasir el-rufai is “one of the real enemies” of Nigeria – Benue Governor Ortom says his Kaduna counterpart is an “ethnic champion and religious bigot”
- #EndSARS: Witness shared videos revealing Army shooting at protesters at the Lekki Toll
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja
- For the second time in a week, gunmen attack police station in Akwa Ibom
- ‘El-Rufai’s comments are mischievous’ – Igbo Leaders respond
- ‘You can’t get Presidency by threats or shouting victimhood’ – El Rufai says to South-East
- ‘A military takeover is not the solution to Nigeria’s problems’ – Adams Oshiomhole