Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen suspected to be bandits have kidnapped the district head of Lingyado Village under Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State, Dalha Danjago.
Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mohammed Shehu, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday.
According to the statement, four other victims were also abducted by the gunmen.
The statement reads, “On 25th October 2020 at about 0800 hours suspected bandits attacked Lingyado Village of Maru Local Government and abducted the district head and 4 others.
“Joint police and military units stationed at Bindin to avert and respond to any invasion in those areas were informed of the incident.
“They quickly respond to the distress call and arrived at the village to counter the threat. Their arrival averted the ill – intention of the bandits to kidnap as many as possible.
“Currently, the police search and rescue team in collaboration with the military are in the nearby forest to rescue the district head and the four other kidnapped victims.
“The command is calling on the good people of the state to report any threat of any kind to the security agencies for early response.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Nigeria is the third most terrorized country in the world according to Global Terrorism Index
- Argentine football legend, Diego Maradona to be buried in Buenos Aires
- Lai Mohammed says despite recession, Nigeria’s economy is improving
- Cheta Nwanze: What NDIC really needs to succeed
- ‘Gowon is a man of honour ‘ Akinwunmi Adesina insists
- Fact Check: How true is Lai Mohammed’s claim that blank ammunition can not kill anyone?
- Imo State Government uncovers 300 ‘ghost workers’
- “I served Nigeria diligently ” Gowon reacts to UK MP’s theft accusations
- ‘Buhari will set Nigeria on fire if he does not come through on restructuring’ – Governor Wike
- Algeria, Kenya, Libya and others affected as UAE stop new visas to citizens of 13 mostly Muslim countries