Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian music star, Folarin Falana popularly known as Falz, has stated that he is not afraid of dying anytime.
The sociopolitical activist, who is among the strongest voices of the #EndSARS protest in Nigeria, stated this while answering questions from Christiane Amanpour on CNN.
Falz lamented that Nigeria has a non-existent healthcare system due to the level of corruption in the nation.
“I am not afraid for my life because where we are right now, I feel like I can easily die by anything else anyway. I do not know where to start because we have a non-existent healthcare system for example. We have a seriously high level of poverty; there is unemployment,” Falz said.
We are in a critical state because of the level of corruption and mismanagement of funds that we continue to see on a daily basis. If I do not come out to complain about the state of things, I can have an accident on my way to work and die as a result of that because the state of the healthcare is nothing to write home about.
“We do not even have proper hospitals because they are not well equipped. People have to travel abroad to have proper healthcare. We keep on saying that every single Nigerian is one sickness away from passing away. So what kind of life am I living any way? Why should I be afraid of dying? I am going to die anyway so what is the point.”
The singer has been vocal on issues bordering on social injustice across the country especially the recent #EndSARS protests
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- ‘Sheikh Gumi, others should exercise restraint’ Nigerian Army cautions
- COVID-19 Testing: Nigerian Government threatens to ban flights from UAE, Netherlands
- COVID-19: Ogun State receives 50,000 vaccine doses
- Nigerian students can now work in the UK after schooling; here’s the latest directive
- You promised to free her, Leah Sharibu’s family writes Buhari
- Breaking: No fewer than 19 persons have been abducted in Kutunku village in Niger State
- “OBJ, faults and all” – Kingsley Moghalu says former President Obasanjo is Nigeria’s best president since 1999
- Minister Pauline Tallen’s niece has been kidnapped In Jos
- EFCC invites Ondo Assembly members over fraud allegations
- #IWD: Aisha Buhari laments school kidnapping