Estimated Reading Time: 1
Layeni Police Station at Ifelodun Local Council Development Area of Lagos State has been set on fire by suspected hoodlums.
Eyewitnesses confirmed the incident to The PUNCH on Tuesday, it was also learnt that Pako Police Station is under attack and the hoodlums attacked Ajeromi Police Station but repelled by policemen.
An eyewitness, Ladipo, said at least eight persons were injured.
He said, “The crisis started from Orile Iganmu. People were protesting peacefully and the police shot at them. Later, the boys heard that policemen have killed their people at Iganmu, they also burnt Layeni Police Station.
“There is tension everywhere. We have rushed eight people to the hospital. They were critically injured.”
When contacted on the telephone, the Chief Press Secretary of Ajeromi Ifelodun LCDA, Sheriff Fakunle, said, “Yes, it is on fire. Layeni Police Station has been torched. The incident happened around 11 am.
“At Ajeromi police station, the hoodlums were repelled.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Just In: Nigerian Army Chief, Buratai Asks Generals to Launch Spiritual Warfare Against Insecurity
- Bayelsa By-Elections: 3 policemen drown in boat mishap
- Breaking: Chief Harry Ayoade Akande, is dead
- Nigerian Soldier assaults, strips lady naked in Ogun over ‘indecent dressing’
- US removes visa reciprocity fees for Nigerian applicants
- Pensioners reject Government’s plan to borrow from pension fund
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today
- ‘Fisayo Soyombo Wins Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism after five attempts in six years
- Ali Ndume to withdraw as Abdulrasheed Maina’s Surety