Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos Government state government declares curfew in the state from 4pm starting today, Tuesday, the state government actions follows state like Edo State that had yesterday also declared curfew after prison break.
Governor Babajide Sanwo Olu in a state wide broadcast said, “Dear Lagosians, – I have watched with shock how what began as a peaceful #EndSARS protest has degenerated into a monster that is threatening the well-being of our society”.
The Governor continued,”Lives and limbs have been lost as criminals and miscreants are now hiding under the umbrella of these protests to unleash mayhem on our State”.
“As a government that is alive to its responsibility and has shown a commitment to the movement #ENDSARS, we will not watch and allow anarchy in our dear state”.
“I, therefore, hereby impose a 24-hour curfew on all parts of the State as from 4pm today, 20th October,2020.Nobody, except essential service providers and first responders must be found on the streets”.
Earlier, we had reported how suspected hoodlums on Tuesday burnt down the Apapa Iganmu Police Station in Lagos State.
The spokesperson of the Apapa-Iganmu Local Government Area, Ayo Micheal said, “Yes, the station has been attacked.
“The burnt Station is in Apapa Iganmu but serviced both Iganmu community in Apapa Iganmu and Orile Community in Coker/Aguda.”
Micheal noted that two persons were allegedly shot dead in the incident.
He added, “What happened is that some boys came out this morning. They assembled themselves at Orile Junction. They were about marching down to Apapa. Just like yesterday that they started at Apapa Ports. They were on their way to Apapa, I learnt they passed through the police station and protested there.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- US removes visa reciprocity fees for Nigerian applicants
- Pensioners reject Government’s plan to borrow from pension fund
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today
- ‘Fisayo Soyombo Wins Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism after five attempts in six years
- Ali Ndume to withdraw as Abdulrasheed Maina’s Surety
- Nominations the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas