Estimated Reading Time: 1
Edo State Government has charged security agencies to fish out killers of the #EndSARS protester in the state within 24 hours and ensure that the perpetrators of the dastardly act are brought to justice.
Addressing the protesters at the King’s Square in Benin City, Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu, said government will not fold its arms and watch harm come the way of young people exercising their rights as citizens of the country.
AIT News reports that the Deputy Governor who ordered that the corpse be taken to the morgue revealed that the victim will be given a state burial because the martyrs of the #EndSars struggle must be remembered.
Assuring the protesters of governments support, Shaibu emphasised that the authorities will not watch hoodlums brutalise anyone involved in the protest, urging them to maintain calm and orderliness. He stressed that the State Executive is with them in the struggle.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Federal Airport Authority won’t shut down Kaduna Airport after attack —MD
- Just In: Presidency clarifies fire outbreak in Aso Rock
- COVID-19: Lagos shuts-down 11 facilities for violating protocols
- Herdsmen kill two farmers in Ekiti – Governor Fayemi says “This is one killing too many”
- Buhari marks International Women’s day by unveiling a list of female appointees
- Just In: Queen Elizabeth is to address the nation in a televised speech at 5pm today
- “He is carrying on as normal,” – Presidency tells Nigerians, Buhari has no side effects after Covid-19 Vaccine
- Breaking: Supreme Court Justice, Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta Dies in his sleep
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi