Estimated Reading Time: 1
Mobile policemen feared killed in a fatal accident along the Oba Ile Road, Akure, the Ondo State capital on Tuesday.
Eyewitness accounts say the victims were in a Toyota Hilux and were heading towards the airport when the incident happened, NewsWireNGR cannot ascertain the actual number of officers killed in the crash.
The police Public Relations Officer, Mr Tee-Leo Ikoro, confirmed the incident but said he was yet to ascertain the number of the victims.
Only last week, the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, had deployed 33,783 personnel to the Ondo State for the just concluded Governorship election.
As at the time of filling this story, it is however not clear if some of the policemen posted to Ondo State for the elections are the ones involved in the fatal accident.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNG
- Gani Adams support Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen
- Court convicts 20-year-old for doctoring fake ‘Sex Tape’ of Imo Commissioner, Willie Amadi
- Yoruba people traditionally have what it takes to defend themselves against all enemy attacks – Alaafin writes open letter to Buhari
- Anambra lawmakers take compulsory COVID-19 tests
- Help APC tackle online critics – Umahi charges new Caretaker committee
- Selling public assets will boost the economy – Finance Minister
- We reduced the number of out of school children from 10.1 million in 2019 to 6.9 million in 2020 – Education Minister
- COVID-19: African countries are left behind by developed nations in the race for vaccines – WHO
- FAAC shares N619.343Billion between FG, States and LGAs
- COVID-19: Nigerian Governors dissociate from Yahaya Bello’s anti-vaccine statements