Estimated Reading Time: 2
Alex Okosi, Managing Director, Emerging Markets, YouTube EMEA said in a statement that the global fund would over the next three years offer support to Black artists and creators.
Okosi said that the fund to enable artists and creators could thrive on YouTube.
He said that the $100m fund was first announced in June and was officially named the #YouTubeBlack Voices Fund, News Agency of Nigeria, NAN.
According to him, this year, the fund will be focusing its efforts on creators within the US, Brazil, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa.
“Our goal is to expand funding to more countries over the course of the next three years,”
“Additionally, we hope to provide a consistent drumbeat of educational training, workshops, and community events to Black creators and artists globally.
‘’The #YouTubeBlack Voices Fund is part of the work currently underway to ensure that YouTube is a place where Black artists, creators and users can share their stories and be protected,’’ he said.
According to Okosi, along with our commitment to amplifying marginalised voices on the content side we are also investing in product and policy changes that will continue to advance YouTube’s mission.
He said the mission of giving everyone a voice and showing them the world.
Okosi said that YouTube believes that it is only by taking a stand against those who would try to bully, harass, silence and intimidate others that it truly moves closer to achieving this mission.
He said that YouTube’s new efforts included ramping up enforcement and terminating more accounts that repeatedly post hateful comments.
The MD added that YouTube was also in the process of rolling out product changes to make creator moderation tools more streamlined.
Okosi said that Interested artists and creators could apply for funding here.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Return stolen property in 72 hours or face prosecution; Osun Governor warns looters
- South-West Governors, ministers visit Sanwo-Olu to sympathise
- Breaking: NECO suspends ongoing examination indefinitely
- Cross River Governor, Ayade orders police to carry out house-to-house search for looted properties
- Breaking: Lets us pray for Nigeria – Pope Francis begs christians
- Niger Delta militants threaten mayhem; roll out 11-point demand
- Food looted from Kaduna warehouses are poisonous; The state government warns
- Looted Palliatives: It is now clear that Buhari is not Nigeria’s problem; says Zahra Buhari-Indimi
- Citizens are targeting their perceived oppressors – Donald Duke
- Soldiers forced medical doctor to swim inside muddy water at gunpoint