Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian teachers are gathered in Abuja to commemorate the 2020 world teachers day.
World Teachers Day was first held on October 5th, 1994, and the day is now set aside to mark the progress and promotion of the teaching profession.
The Day also commemorates the anniversary of the adoption of the 1966 International Labour Organisation/UNESCO recommendation concerning the status of teachers.
About 774 teachers are to benefit from the President’s Teachers and Schools Excellence Award as part of the World Teachers Day Celebration.
In Ogun state, the Dapo Abiodun-led State Government declared Monday, October 5 as public holiday.
To this end, the state government said schools would not be opened to the students on that day.
Abiodun, in a statement by his Special Adviser on Primary and Secondary Education, Ronke Soyombo, explained that the government would not allow teaching activities on October 5 in order to celebrate the World Teachers Day.
The Abiodun administration enjoined students to stay at home on the said date, adding that teaching and learning activities would resume on Tuesday, October 6.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Former AGF, Abdullahi Ibrahim dies of COVID-19 complications
- COVID-19: Lagos state has started conversations with Pfizer for vaccines – Sanwo-Olu
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students