Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian Lawmaker, Mr Akin Alabi has filed a motion before the House of Representatives asking for an urgent dissolution police special anti-robbery squad, SARS.
In a statement issued and made available to NewsWireNGR Monday, Mr. Alabi, of the All Progressives Congress from Oyo State, said there is enough evidence in the public domain to proscribe SARS immediately, warning that the unit has committed enough atrocities.
Mr. Alabi said SARS operatives have become so lawless that even the police inspector-general can no longer contain their excesses, decrying how Nigerians now harbour untold fear of the deadly and corrupt unit.
“Policing in Nigeria continues to fall short of modern practices where citizens should be treated with utmost respect and decorum, therefore making it very difficult for an average citizen to truly trust that the police are their friends,” The statement reads in part.
Read the statement below..
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help