Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has expressed concern over the exploitation of youths in the country by SARS operatives.
The governor made his displeasure known in a tweet on Sunday, following outrage by Nigerians on social media after videos and images revealed increased harassment and shootings by Police officers across the country with the hashtag #EndSARS.
In his reaction, the Lagos State Governor, “The safety of our residents is my number one duty as the CSO of Lagos. So, reading reports of seemingly unlawful exploitation by the people charged to protect is very worrying & needs to be addressed immediately. Be assured that appropriate actions will be taken, & speedily too”…
The police action sparked outrage on social media, with many Nigerians condemning the police action and calling for urgent reforms.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan