Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Plateau State University, Bokkos, (PLASU), Dr. Jurji Gomos, who was kidnapped on Friday, has regained freedom.
He spent close to 20 hours with his abductors.
NewsWireNGR recalls that kidnappers broke into his residence in the early hours of Friday and took him to an unknown destination.
Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof Yohana Izam, who confirmed his release to The Nation said: “This followed spirited efforts by the Management and Staff of the University, security agencies, family and associates of Dr. Gomos.”
A statement by the Public Relations Officer of the institution, Mr. John Agam, explained the Vice-Chancellor also appreciated State Government for its solidarity with the institution at a very grave and trying moment.
Izam, enjoined all staff to continue to pray for peace and progress at the university.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Justice Akon Ikpeme has been confirmed as Cross River State Chief Judge
- Nigeria has recorded its worst rating on Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index
- Members of host communities broke into a fight at PIB public hearing
- Fact Check: Photo shared as evidence of Nigerian Army’s attack in Orlu is false
- Getting pregnant out of wedlock is embarrassing to the Police Force – Police PRO
- COVID-19: Federal Government cannot force anyone to take the vaccine – Sultan of Sokoto
- Wole Soyinka scolds National Assembly
- President Buhari has signed COVID-19 Regulations 2021; find the details here
- Amnesty International alleges continued police brutality
- NIMC suspends proposed strike