Estimated Reading Time: 1
The federal government has directed the reopening of all Unity schools by October 12
At a media briefing on Friday, Adamu Adamu, minister of education, said ”unity schools” are to reopen on October 12 while private and state schools will determine their own opening schedule.
“We have consulted widely with all stakeholders in the education sector. Our eyes and ears are opened to the international media. I’m glad to report that there has not been any single case of COVID-19 in all Unity Schools. No single fatality among the students,” he said.
“We have come to the conclusion that we have to review our decisions. After consultation with PTF, we have resolved that our Unity Schools be opened on October 12, 2020.”
The minister asked academic institutions to maintain strict compliance with COVID-19 protocol.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local vaccine production
- A Traditional Ruler in Adamawa has been kidnapped
- Kano enforces COVID-19 restrictions; civil servants to stay home, viewing centres shut down
- Kaduna University will reopen January 25 – VC
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms