Estimated Reading Time: 1
Mr Mele Kyari, Group Managing Director, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), has hailed the decision of labour leaders to suspend their planned protest scheduled to have commenced Monday.
Kyari, in a tweet on his official Twitter handle on Monday praised the leadership of the unions for choosing the pursuit of common good.
He said : ” Being a former union leader, I understand the difficulties of labour leadership when faced with choices between stark realities and legitimate follower expectations.
“The leadership chose the pursuit of common good and posterity will vindicate us all for standing with our country. “
Kyari said the the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) had by their action demonstrated absolute faith in the country.
“They showed understanding on inevitability of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) deregulation and jointly charted way forward to secure local refining sufficiency through greater stakeholder inclusiveness and transparency.
“We will follow through diligently,” he added.
The NLC and TUC had suspended the strike at the early hours of Monday following a meeting with the Federal Government.
Labour had called for the strike in protest against the recent hike in electricity tariffs and pump price of PMS
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by NNPC boss, Mele Kyari hails labour for suspending planned strike and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- Senate says Nigeria needs N400Billion annually for road maintenance
- Former Governor, Donald Duke says insurgents get their weapons from security operatives
- US President-elect Joe Biden announces all-female senior press team
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped