Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former governor of Delta State, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan, officially returns to the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) today
Uduaghan had left the PDP for the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the build-up to the 2015 general elections and contested for the Delta South Senatorial district ticket but lost to incumbent Senator James Manager of the PDP.
NewsWireNGR gathered that a number of Uduaghan’s supporters, who are currently at Abigboro, the Itsekiri home of the former governor, are on the ground for the official defection to the PDP.
The ceremony is holding today at Unit 1, Ward 6, Abigborodo, Warri North Local Government Area of the state.
The former chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Delta State on his verified Facebook page, said he’s back to join forces with the PDP.
“I am back to join forces with other party greats to strengthen our party, the largest Party in Africa -PDP!
“Having tasted the other side, it feels refreshing to be back home!
“Thank you all for receiving me back. It feels like I never left.
Uduaghan was governor of Delta on the PDP platform for eight years (2007-2015), he was also a Commissioner for Health and later Secretary to the State Government under the administration of former Governor Ibori.
- Nigerian Airforce arrests officers in a viral video flogging Osun residents
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Emerges WTO DG
- Just In: Civil defence sacks officer for looting COVID-19 palliatives
- WAEC announces new date to release result
- Media sanction over #EndSARS coverage is draconian – Group writes NBC DG
- Just In: Amnesty release a new timeline investigating the Toll Gate massacre #EndSARS
- I will sign executive order to recover looted property – Adamawa Governor
- Lagos State Government says there’s nothing wrong in asking the military to intervene
- I was detained for 47 days by SARS; man narrates as Judicial panel of inquiry begins sitting in Lagos
- Nigerian Army says Lagos state government invited it to intervene in #EndSARS protest