Estimated Reading Time: 1
The High Court of the Federal Capital Territory has awarded up to N50 million in liability against Elisha Abbo, NewsWireNGR learnt on Monday.
The suit is titled; “Osimibibra Warmate v Senator Elisha Abbo” with reference number REF: Suit No. FHC: CV/2393/19.
Senator Abbo was ordered by the court to pay N50 million to Osimibibra Warmate, the woman he assaulted on camera in March 2019.
The civil judgement came weeks after a Magistrate Court in Zuba, Abuja acquitted the Adamawa-North lawmaker of assault instituted against him by the police.
Magistrate Abdullahi Ilelah had upheld a no-case submission filed by Abbo, and said the police failed to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the lawmaker assaulted Warmate
Abbo was filmed assaulting a woman Osimibibra Warmate at an adult toy shop on May 11, 2019.
Warmate and a police officer Mary Daniel, who investigated the matter, had testified against Abbo
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis