Estimated Reading Time: 1
The High Court of the Federal Capital Territory has awarded up to N50 million in liability against Elisha Abbo, NewsWireNGR learnt on Monday.
The suit is titled; “Osimibibra Warmate v Senator Elisha Abbo” with reference number REF: Suit No. FHC: CV/2393/19.
Senator Abbo was ordered by the court to pay N50 million to Osimibibra Warmate, the woman he assaulted on camera in March 2019.
The civil judgement came weeks after a Magistrate Court in Zuba, Abuja acquitted the Adamawa-North lawmaker of assault instituted against him by the police.
Magistrate Abdullahi Ilelah had upheld a no-case submission filed by Abbo, and said the police failed to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the lawmaker assaulted Warmate
Abbo was filmed assaulting a woman Osimibibra Warmate at an adult toy shop on May 11, 2019.
Warmate and a police officer Mary Daniel, who investigated the matter, had testified against Abbo
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Nigerian Airforce arrests officers in a viral video flogging Osun residents
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Emerges WTO DG
- Just In: Civil defence sacks officer for looting COVID-19 palliatives
- WAEC announces new date to release result
- Media sanction over #EndSARS coverage is draconian – Group writes NBC DG
- Just In: Amnesty release a new timeline investigating the Toll Gate massacre #EndSARS
- I will sign executive order to recover looted property – Adamawa Governor
- Lagos State Government says there’s nothing wrong in asking the military to intervene
- I was detained for 47 days by SARS; man narrates as Judicial panel of inquiry begins sitting in Lagos
- Nigerian Army says Lagos state government invited it to intervene in #EndSARS protest