Estimated Reading Time: 1
PREMIUM TIMES is reporting that the Kaduna State government will not work with the report submitted to it by the Zazzau Emirate kingmakers recommending three princes for the vacant position of the emir of Zazzau.
The latest decision has brought back Ahmed Bamalli, a man believed to be Governor Nasir El-Rufai’s favorite of the contenders, back in contention.
PREMIUM TIMES gathered from informed sources that the government has decided to set aside the report over allegations of inducement of some kingmakers.
The intense race for the influential throne began six days ago following the demise of the long-reigning Zazzau emir, Shehu Idris, who died last Sunday.
Mr Idris, who died at 84 ascended the throne in 1975.
Those said to be in the frontline were Iyan Zazzau, Bashir Aminu; Magajin Garin Zazzau, Ahmed Bamalli; Yeriman Zazzau, Munir Ja’afaru and the Turakin Zazzau, Aminu Idris.
kingmakers’ had recommended three of the contenders based on a grading and voting system agreed and executed by the five kingmakers.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match
- Abia State Government gives 7 Days ultimatum to street traders in Aba
- Oyo State gets first female Police Commissioner
- Wedding Photos: Former speaker Dimeji Bankole weds Kebbi Governor’s daughter
- Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets qualify for WAFU final, U17 AFCON
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded