Estimated Reading Time: 1
PREMIUM TIMES is reporting that the Kaduna State government will not work with the report submitted to it by the Zazzau Emirate kingmakers recommending three princes for the vacant position of the emir of Zazzau.
The latest decision has brought back Ahmed Bamalli, a man believed to be Governor Nasir El-Rufai’s favorite of the contenders, back in contention.
PREMIUM TIMES gathered from informed sources that the government has decided to set aside the report over allegations of inducement of some kingmakers.
The intense race for the influential throne began six days ago following the demise of the long-reigning Zazzau emir, Shehu Idris, who died last Sunday.
Mr Idris, who died at 84 ascended the throne in 1975.
Those said to be in the frontline were Iyan Zazzau, Bashir Aminu; Magajin Garin Zazzau, Ahmed Bamalli; Yeriman Zazzau, Munir Ja’afaru and the Turakin Zazzau, Aminu Idris.
kingmakers’ had recommended three of the contenders based on a grading and voting system agreed and executed by the five kingmakers.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- The Nigerian army says videos of Lekki tollgate shooting are photoshopped and fake
- NSA says Buhari is to provide a solution to nationwide crisis
- It was a system glitch – Instagram apologizes for censoring #EndSARS posts
- Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison
- #EndSARS: Open Letter to VP Osinbajo; It’s time to realise the emperor has no clothes
- Breaking: Lagos to ease 24-hour curfew imposed over #EndSars
- LCC says the closed-circuit television system from the Lekki toll gate is intact #EndSARS
- “Nobody ordered the removal of cameras at the Lekki toll gate” – Governor Sanwo-Olu denies again #EndSars
- CCTV was dismantled to cover the massacre of young peaceful, #EndSARS protesters by the military
- #EndSARS: NECO reschedules SSCE papers again