Estimated Reading Time: 1
The convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday morning.
The latest attack, which recorded no death, occurred when the convoy was returning to Maiduguri.
Punch Newspaper is reporting that the attack happened around 10.30 am on Sunday, about two kilometers away from Baga.
The convoy, according to some of the people who returned to Maiduguri on Sunday evening from the tour, was shot at by suspected Boko Haram terrorists.
One of them, said, “There was no death recorded this time around except some minor injuries.
“The windscreen of some vehicles was shattered, some vehicles had their tyres busted by gunshots, including the Government House Press Crew bus.
“The military gun truck was also shot at and a soldier had his shoulder scalded with a gunshot.”
The governor’s convoy was said to have been attacked between Monguno and Baga areas of the state.
Baga town was displaced by the Boko Haram insurgents 21 months ago, with most of the residents taking refuge in Monguno and Maiduguri.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Wole Soyinka scolds National Assembly
- President Buhari has signed COVID-19 Regulations 2021; find the details here
- Amnesty International alleges continued police brutality
- NIMC suspends proposed strike
- Herdsmen crisis: Akeredolu begs Buhari for support
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions