Estimated Reading Time: 1
The convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday morning.
The latest attack, which recorded no death, occurred when the convoy was returning to Maiduguri.
Punch Newspaper is reporting that the attack happened around 10.30 am on Sunday, about two kilometers away from Baga.
The convoy, according to some of the people who returned to Maiduguri on Sunday evening from the tour, was shot at by suspected Boko Haram terrorists.
One of them, said, “There was no death recorded this time around except some minor injuries.
“The windscreen of some vehicles was shattered, some vehicles had their tyres busted by gunshots, including the Government House Press Crew bus.
“The military gun truck was also shot at and a soldier had his shoulder scalded with a gunshot.”
The governor’s convoy was said to have been attacked between Monguno and Baga areas of the state.
Baga town was displaced by the Boko Haram insurgents 21 months ago, with most of the residents taking refuge in Monguno and Maiduguri.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- #EndSARS: Open Letter to VP Osinbajo; It’s time to realise the emperor has no clothes
- Breaking: Lagos to ease 24-hour curfew imposed over #EndSars
- LCC says the closed-circuit television system from the Lekki toll gate is intact #EndSARS
- “Nobody ordered the removal of cameras at the Lekki toll gate” – Governor Sanwo-Olu denies again #EndSars
- CCTV was dismantled to cover the massacre of young peaceful, #EndSARS protesters by the military
- #EndSARS: NECO reschedules SSCE papers again
- Lekki Toll Gate Killings: Yemi Osinbajo speak on shootings
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The Nigerian state has turned on its people #EndSARS
- IGP orders withdrawal of policemen attached to VIPs across Nigeria
- Protesters set APC secretariat ablaze, attack Chairman’s House