Estimated Reading Time: 1
Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, on Friday met with the President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The governor however told State House correspondents at the end of the meeting that it would be immoral for him to return to the All Progressives Congress.
Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party beat Osagie Ize-Iyamu of Buhari’s All Progressives Congress and others to win the last Saturday’s governorship election in his state.
He had dumped the APC for the PDP when the ruling party disqualified him from participating in its primary election.
There have been concerns that having won the election on the platform of the PDP, he might return to the APC.
But the governor who met with the President alongside his deputy, Philip Shuaibu, said it would be immoral to do so.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match
- Abia State Government gives 7 Days ultimatum to street traders in Aba
- Oyo State gets first female Police Commissioner
- Wedding Photos: Former speaker Dimeji Bankole weds Kebbi Governor’s daughter
- Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets qualify for WAFU final, U17 AFCON
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded