Estimated Reading Time: 1
Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, on Friday met with the President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The governor however told State House correspondents at the end of the meeting that it would be immoral for him to return to the All Progressives Congress.
Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party beat Osagie Ize-Iyamu of Buhari’s All Progressives Congress and others to win the last Saturday’s governorship election in his state.
He had dumped the APC for the PDP when the ruling party disqualified him from participating in its primary election.
There have been concerns that having won the election on the platform of the PDP, he might return to the APC.
But the governor who met with the President alongside his deputy, Philip Shuaibu, said it would be immoral to do so.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison
- #EndSARS: Open Letter to VP Osinbajo; It’s time to realise the emperor has no clothes
- Breaking: Lagos to ease 24-hour curfew imposed over #EndSars
- LCC says the closed-circuit television system from the Lekki toll gate is intact #EndSARS
- “Nobody ordered the removal of cameras at the Lekki toll gate” – Governor Sanwo-Olu denies again #EndSars
- CCTV was dismantled to cover the massacre of young peaceful, #EndSARS protesters by the military
- #EndSARS: NECO reschedules SSCE papers again
- Lekki Toll Gate Killings: Yemi Osinbajo speak on shootings
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The Nigerian state has turned on its people #EndSARS
- IGP orders withdrawal of policemen attached to VIPs across Nigeria