Estimated Reading Time: 1
A suspected armed robber fleeing a robbery scene has been killed by an angry mob in Calabar, Cross River State.
The incident happened around 8 PM of Monday, 21/09/2020 along the popular Marian road.
According to an eye witness, the supect who was part of a 3-man gang, allegedly attacked a popular super market along the Marian road axis of the town and were about to escape when someone in the shop raised alarm.
The crowd were said to have mobilised against the robbers and chased after them. While one of them fled, two were nabbed and beaten to a pulp with the other dying at the spot.
At the time of filing the report, the police had cordoned the area and were about to move the suspected robbers to the Akim Police Station.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- #EndSARS: Governors directed to establish security and human rights committees – Police Affairs Minister
- #EndSARS protests should continue says Benue State Governor Ortom
- #EndSARS: You have made your point, please call off the protest; Tinubu begs
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS