Estimated Reading Time: 1
A suspected armed robber fleeing a robbery scene has been killed by an angry mob in Calabar, Cross River State.
The incident happened around 8 PM of Monday, 21/09/2020 along the popular Marian road.
According to an eye witness, the supect who was part of a 3-man gang, allegedly attacked a popular super market along the Marian road axis of the town and were about to escape when someone in the shop raised alarm.
The crowd were said to have mobilised against the robbers and chased after them. While one of them fled, two were nabbed and beaten to a pulp with the other dying at the spot.
At the time of filing the report, the police had cordoned the area and were about to move the suspected robbers to the Akim Police Station.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Fact Check: Photo shared as evidence of Nigerian Army’s attack in Orlu is false
- Getting pregnant out of wedlock is embarrassing to the Police Force – Police PRO
- COVID-19: Federal Government cannot force anyone to take the vaccine – Sultan of Sokoto
- Wole Soyinka scolds National Assembly
- President Buhari has signed COVID-19 Regulations 2021; find the details here
- Amnesty International alleges continued police brutality
- NIMC suspends proposed strike
- Herdsmen crisis: Akeredolu begs Buhari for support
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee