Estimated Reading Time: 1
Dr. Wale Babalakin (SAN) has resigned as the Pro-Chancellor of the University of Lagos.
A media aide to the suspended Pro-Chancellor of UNILAG, Mr Mikail Mumuni, confirmed the resignation of Babalakin as the institution’s chairman of the governing council and Pro-Chancellor.
Mumuni in a phone call to Punch Newspaper said, “It is true. Dr Babalakin has resigned from UNILAG.”
This is coming a few hours after a Presidential Visitation Panel set up by President Buhari, to look into the crisis that led to the removal of the Vice-Chancellor, Prof Oluwatoyin Ogundipe submitted its report on Thursday.
The committee was inaugurated on August 26 to look into the leadership crisis in the university.
The Governing Council of the University of Lagos had confirmed the removal of the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Ogundipe from office.
The Council said the decision was based on the investigation of serious acts of wrongdoing, gross misconduct, financial recklessness, and abuse of office against Prof. Ogundipe.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’