Estimated Reading Time: 1
Dr. Wale Babalakin (SAN) has resigned as the Pro-Chancellor of the University of Lagos.
A media aide to the suspended Pro-Chancellor of UNILAG, Mr Mikail Mumuni, confirmed the resignation of Babalakin as the institution’s chairman of the governing council and Pro-Chancellor.
Mumuni in a phone call to Punch Newspaper said, “It is true. Dr Babalakin has resigned from UNILAG.”
This is coming a few hours after a Presidential Visitation Panel set up by President Buhari, to look into the crisis that led to the removal of the Vice-Chancellor, Prof Oluwatoyin Ogundipe submitted its report on Thursday.
The committee was inaugurated on August 26 to look into the leadership crisis in the university.
The Governing Council of the University of Lagos had confirmed the removal of the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Ogundipe from office.
The Council said the decision was based on the investigation of serious acts of wrongdoing, gross misconduct, financial recklessness, and abuse of office against Prof. Ogundipe.
- Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila says Lagos needs N1 Trillion to reconstruct properties damaged
- 5 days after it happened, Presidency finally addresses Lekki shootings
- Lagos Attacks: Akeredolu says ‘there is an agenda beyond #EndSARS’
- Curfew in Lagos now from 8pm to 6am says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Oyo State Government to reopen schools on Monday 26th October
- IPOB says it will resume peaceful protests on Monday
- Return stolen property in 72 hours or face prosecution; Osun Governor warns looters
- South-West Governors, ministers visit Sanwo-Olu to sympathise
- Breaking: NECO suspends ongoing examination indefinitely
- Cross River Governor, Ayade orders police to carry out house-to-house search for looted properties