Estimated Reading Time: <1
Traditional ruler of Biu in Borno State, Alhaji Mai Umar Mustapha Aliyu, is dead.
“We lost our father a pillar to Biu Emirate and Borno entirely, the Emir of Biu. ” a member of the family said, while confirming his death to journalists
The cause of the monarch’s death was not stated by the family, who described his demise as a huge loss.
He was 79 at the time of his death and ascended the throne in 1989.
“May Almighty Allah forgive his shortcomings and grant him the highest place in Jannatil firdaus,” the family said.
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home
- Lessons Nigerians should learn from the Donald Trump presidency
- This government is reversing the spate of insecurity – Senate President promises
- Ondo State Government insists herdsmen must leave forest reserves within 7 days
- Matthew Hassan Kukah: An Open letter to Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello
- “We need to de-link terrorism and crimes from ethnicity” – Presidency wants Ondo Governor to stop ultimatum given to herdsmen
- Gunmen kidnap Deeper Life varsity deputy VC in Nasarawa
- We support decision to shutdown churches that flout COVID-19 protocols – Oyo CAN
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire