Estimated Reading Time: <1
Traditional ruler of Biu in Borno State, Alhaji Mai Umar Mustapha Aliyu, is dead.
“We lost our father a pillar to Biu Emirate and Borno entirely, the Emir of Biu. ” a member of the family said, while confirming his death to journalists
The cause of the monarch’s death was not stated by the family, who described his demise as a huge loss.
He was 79 at the time of his death and ascended the throne in 1989.
“May Almighty Allah forgive his shortcomings and grant him the highest place in Jannatil firdaus,” the family said.
- #EndSARS: Did the Nigerian Government kill its citizens and tried to erase all the evidence?
- Former spokesman says Army used blank bullets in Lekki shooting; faults Amnesty International report
- Lagos schools to reopen November 2
- The National Security Adviser says protesters used social media to incite violence
- Niger State Government bans all protests and processions in the state
- Lekki Shooting: Presidency says Amnesty international report is wrong
- Sanwo-Olu gives scholarships to children of policemen who died in Lagos violence
- Governor Wike signs executive order proscribing IPOB in Rivers
- Fact Check: Reno Omokri’s claim on Nigeria’s foreign debt is false
- How the CDD Election Analysis Center work to foster democracy in Nigeria