Estimated Reading Time: 1
The candidate of the Zenith Labour Party, Agboola Ajayi, has on Tuesday accused the state governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, of frustrating his campaign move.
He alleged that the governor refused to approve the venue to kick off his campaign in Akure, the state capital.
Ajayi, who is also the Deputy Governor of the state, alleged that the agency to approve the venue for the political campaign flag-off refused to approve the venue for the ZLP, in spite of the party’s readiness to pay the amount charged.
The ZLP candidate alleged that the action of the agency was on the order of Akeredolu.
In a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media, Allen Sowore, the candidate described the alleged action of the governor as undemocratic and condemnable.
However, the state Commissioner for Information, Donald Ojogo, denied the allegation, saying the park (venue) was not in the care of the state government but being managed by a consultant.
He described the allegation as blackmail and ridiculous.
- APC Suspension: ‘A joke taken too far’ says Fayemi
- Auschwitz museum director begs Buhari for 13 year old boy jailed for blasphemy
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed