Estimated Reading Time: 1
The candidate of the Zenith Labour Party, Agboola Ajayi, has on Tuesday accused the state governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, of frustrating his campaign move.
He alleged that the governor refused to approve the venue to kick off his campaign in Akure, the state capital.
Ajayi, who is also the Deputy Governor of the state, alleged that the agency to approve the venue for the political campaign flag-off refused to approve the venue for the ZLP, in spite of the party’s readiness to pay the amount charged.
The ZLP candidate alleged that the action of the agency was on the order of Akeredolu.
In a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media, Allen Sowore, the candidate described the alleged action of the governor as undemocratic and condemnable.
However, the state Commissioner for Information, Donald Ojogo, denied the allegation, saying the park (venue) was not in the care of the state government but being managed by a consultant.
He described the allegation as blackmail and ridiculous.
- Abia State Government gives 7 Days ultimatum to street traders in Aba
- Oyo State gets first female Police Commissioner
- Wedding Photos: Former speaker Dimeji Bankole weds Kebbi Governor’s daughter
- Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets qualify for WAFU final, U17 AFCON
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns