Estimated Reading Time: 1
One passenger was killed on Monday after a bus and a highlander Jeep collided with a moving commuter train at PWD inward Oshodi, Lagos.
The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu who confirmed the incident said the bus with six passengers suddenly veered onto the tracks and collided with the train.
“The agency received distress calls at 8.12 am on the above. Upon arrival at the scene, it was discovered that a passenger motor GGE 972 GE with six passengers had veered onto the train tracks while crossing the rail at PWD inward Oshodi and subsequently collided with a scheduled commuter train.
“The bus was then dragged along for a stretch of the journey before the train managed to come to a complete halt,” Oke-Osanyintolu said.
The Agency was able to successfully extricate the passengers while the wreckage of the bus has been removed to allow the free flow of commuter traffic.
Members of the public, especially drivers of commuter buses are reminded to obey traffic regulations to prevent injuries and transport delays.
- PDP says the prophecy that the APC and its leaders will be stoned for failure has come to pass
- Breaking: Gunmen Kill First Class Traditional Ruler
- #EndSARS: Feminist Coalition website suffers suspected cyberattack
- APC chairman formally receives Senator found guilty of assault, into the party
- ‘Northern Nigeria is the worst place to live in this country’ – Sultan Of Sokoto laments
- Twitter Lawsuit: “We got notice for the hearing late” Adamu Garba explains absence from court
- Mahmood Yakubu asks National Assembly to pass amended electoral act before Q1 2021
- Nigeria is the third most terrorized country in the world according to Global Terrorism Index
- Argentine football legend, Diego Maradona to be buried in Buenos Aires
- Lai Mohammed says despite recession, Nigeria’s economy is improving