Estimated Reading Time: 1
One passenger was killed on Monday after a bus and a highlander Jeep collided with a moving commuter train at PWD inward Oshodi, Lagos.
The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu who confirmed the incident said the bus with six passengers suddenly veered onto the tracks and collided with the train.
“The agency received distress calls at 8.12 am on the above. Upon arrival at the scene, it was discovered that a passenger motor GGE 972 GE with six passengers had veered onto the train tracks while crossing the rail at PWD inward Oshodi and subsequently collided with a scheduled commuter train.
“The bus was then dragged along for a stretch of the journey before the train managed to come to a complete halt,” Oke-Osanyintolu said.
The Agency was able to successfully extricate the passengers while the wreckage of the bus has been removed to allow the free flow of commuter traffic.
Members of the public, especially drivers of commuter buses are reminded to obey traffic regulations to prevent injuries and transport delays.
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government