Estimated Reading Time: 1
Ekiti Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi has announced Monday September 21 for resumption of Senior Secondary School II and Junior Secondary School II as well as primary six pupils in the state.
The government, however, staggered the resumption secondary schools.
While students in SSS I, JSS II and Primary 5 and 4 are to resume from September 28, those in JSS I and Primary 1-3 are to resume on October 19.
Fayemi, who made these disclosures in a statewide broadcast in Ado Ekiti on Sunday evening, said tertiary institutions may be allowed to reopen October 2 subject to their level of readiness and compliance with the established protocols.
He added pupils in the Kindergarten and Nursery Schools may be allowed to resume on November 2 when assurances of safety for their age bracket would have been established.
- Buhari says Nigeria’s economy too fragile for COVID-19 lockdown
- CBN releases guidelines for N75 billion youth investment fund
- #EndSARS: Did the Nigerian Government kill its citizens and tried to erase all the evidence?
- Former spokesman says Army used blank bullets in Lekki shooting; faults Amnesty International report
- Lagos schools to reopen November 2
- The National Security Adviser says protesters used social media to incite violence
- Niger State Government bans all protests and processions in the state
- Lekki Shooting: Presidency says Amnesty international report is wrong
- Sanwo-Olu gives scholarships to children of policemen who died in Lagos violence
- Governor Wike signs executive order proscribing IPOB in Rivers