Estimated Reading Time: 1
Ekiti Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi has announced Monday September 21 for resumption of Senior Secondary School II and Junior Secondary School II as well as primary six pupils in the state.
The government, however, staggered the resumption secondary schools.
While students in SSS I, JSS II and Primary 5 and 4 are to resume from September 28, those in JSS I and Primary 1-3 are to resume on October 19.
Fayemi, who made these disclosures in a statewide broadcast in Ado Ekiti on Sunday evening, said tertiary institutions may be allowed to reopen October 2 subject to their level of readiness and compliance with the established protocols.
He added pupils in the Kindergarten and Nursery Schools may be allowed to resume on November 2 when assurances of safety for their age bracket would have been established.
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home
- Lessons Nigerians should learn from the Donald Trump presidency
- This government is reversing the spate of insecurity – Senate President promises
- Ondo State Government insists herdsmen must leave forest reserves within 7 days
- Matthew Hassan Kukah: An Open letter to Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello
- “We need to de-link terrorism and crimes from ethnicity” – Presidency wants Ondo Governor to stop ultimatum given to herdsmen
- Gunmen kidnap Deeper Life varsity deputy VC in Nasarawa
- We support decision to shutdown churches that flout COVID-19 protocols – Oyo CAN
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu