Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Commissioner of Police in Lagos state, Imohimi Edgal has been appointed as the new Commissioner of Police in charge of the Nigeria Police Federal Special Anti-robbery Squad (FSARS).
The announcement was made on Thursday by the force headquarters.
The statement said Mr Edgal’s deployment to the Federal SARS by the Inspector General of Police, Muhammad Adamu will help to reposition the outfit with a view of tackling violent crimes across the country.
Speaking on Thursday at the SARS head office in Abuja, Edgal called on citizens to report excesses of operatives of the unit across the country.
He also released special hotlines for complaints or any other actions against any SARS operatives who is going against the operational procedures of the unit.
He gave out the citizens’ complaint hotlines as: 08121226468, 08081911644, and 09095097307. Others are: 08055911306 and 08062856290.Until his appointment, Mr Edgal was the commissioner of police in Akwa Ibom state.
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children