Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Commissioner of Police in Lagos state, Imohimi Edgal has been appointed as the new Commissioner of Police in charge of the Nigeria Police Federal Special Anti-robbery Squad (FSARS).
The announcement was made on Thursday by the force headquarters.
The statement said Mr Edgal’s deployment to the Federal SARS by the Inspector General of Police, Muhammad Adamu will help to reposition the outfit with a view of tackling violent crimes across the country.
Speaking on Thursday at the SARS head office in Abuja, Edgal called on citizens to report excesses of operatives of the unit across the country.
He also released special hotlines for complaints or any other actions against any SARS operatives who is going against the operational procedures of the unit.
He gave out the citizens’ complaint hotlines as: 08121226468, 08081911644, and 09095097307. Others are: 08055911306 and 08062856290.Until his appointment, Mr Edgal was the commissioner of police in Akwa Ibom state.
- Buhari will on Thursday depart Abuja for Bissau
- Just In: Buhari approves construction of $1.9 billion rail line to Niger Republic
- Lagos donates 51 SUVs and eight houses to judges – second time in a year official vehicles were donated to judiciary
- 23 people, including school children, die in fuel tanker fire in Lokoja
- Just In: President Buhari has signed a long-awaited oil-reform bill?
- Buhari orders marketers of fertilisers to sell their products at N5,000 per 50kg bag
- Court says Buhari contravened law on Appointment of Judges’
- Appeal Court Hears Police Brutality on Nigerian Journalist 11 Years after
- APC says it lost the governorship election because of Adams Oshiomhole
- CBN says only account holders can deposit FX cash into domiciliary accounts – here’s why