Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Deputy Inspector General of Police in charge of Research and Planning, Adeleye Olusola Oyebade, has been deployed to supervise the general security arrangement for the September 19, 2020 governorship election in Edo State.
This was contained in a statement by the Force Public Relations Officer, DCP Frank Mba, on Friday.
The statement noted that Oyebade will be assisted by an Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Karma Hosea Hassan, who is in charge of Federal Operations at the Force Headquarters, Abuja, and eight Commissioners of Police.
Mba said, “Oyebade with the assistance of the AIG will superintend over the entire security architecture and ensure effective monitoring of the election and due enforcement of all electoral laws in the State.
“The Senior Police Officers similarly involved in the election monitoring and evaluation include CP Garba Baba Umar, CP Habu Sani and CP Buba Sanusi.
“CP Akeera M. Yonous will coordinate the operations of the Police Mobile Force and other special strike forces.
“Other four CPs will supervise security arrangement in the three Senatorial Districts of the State.”
- #EndSARS: Governors directed to establish security and human rights committees – Police Affairs Minister
- #EndSARS protests should continue says Benue State Governor Ortom
- #EndSARS: You have made your point, please call off the protest; Tinubu begs
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS