Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Edo governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Osagie Ize-Iyamu, has dismissed insinuations that former governor, Adams Oshiomhole, is his political godfather.
Former Edo state Governor and APC Chieftain, Adam’s Oshiomhole who has been very vocal and visible in his support of Ize-Iyamu, going into the September 19, 2020 election.
When asked about their relationship during an interview on Channels TV on Monday, September 7, Ize-Iyamu said his long political history with Oshiomhole shows he’s not dependent on him.
“Even his first term when he came in (as governor), he sought my assistance. Second term, when he was going in, I was his DG.
“So, how can I be his godson? It does not make sense,” Ize-Iyamu said.
The APC candidate did however, agree that the former APC national chairman is a ‘major factor’ on his chances at the polls.
He said the spread of Oshiomhole’s legacy during his eight years at the reins will help him win more votes.
Those people he helped (as governor) with schools, water, roads are going to vote.
“Even if they’re voting for me because of what Oshiomhole did, that is still a serious vote for APC,” he said.
Ize-Iyamu also accused candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Governor Obaseki, who is seeking a second term, of being arrogant with his utterances.
He expressed confidence that he’ll beat the incumbent governor with an overwhelming margin.
“I will not lose. This is God’s time. I will win overwhelmingly.”
A total of 14 candidates will contest in the election.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students