Estimated Reading Time: 1
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has approved the monthly distribution of food items to the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) Camps in Adamawa State.
The Yola Operations Office of the agency carried out the distribution exercise to 650 households, for the month August in three IDP formal Camps in Adamawa state.
Speaking on the distribution, Mr Midala Iliya, Head of Operation in charge of Adamawa and Taraba States made the disclosure He said: ” The National Emergency Management Agency provided the relief materials to 329 households in Fufore, 239 Malkohi and 82 at St Theresa camps.”
Also speaking in the same vein, the Camp Manager at Fufore, Mr Igue Terry said the items were meant to ameliorate the suffering of the IDPs. He reiterated the agency’s commitment towards sustaining the monthly distribution of relief materials to camps, since 2016 in the state.
“Condiment were added for the month of August as approved by the DG of NEMA while foodstuff such as rice, beans, groundnut oil, salt, Maggi, and Tin Tomatoes where distributed to the IDPs.
“The three camps have been fully senitized by the officials from the state PHCDA on procedures on how to guard against COVID-19.” The items were distributed with strict adherence to social distancing to avert COVID-19 pandemic all the camps.
- Federal Airport Authority won’t shut down Kaduna Airport after attack —MD
- Just In: Presidency clarifies fire outbreak in Aso Rock
- COVID-19: Lagos shuts-down 11 facilities for violating protocols
- Herdsmen kill two farmers in Ekiti – Governor Fayemi says “This is one killing too many”
- Buhari marks International Women’s day by unveiling a list of female appointees
- Just In: Queen Elizabeth is to address the nation in a televised speech at 5pm today
- “He is carrying on as normal,” – Presidency tells Nigerians, Buhari has no side effects after Covid-19 Vaccine
- Breaking: Supreme Court Justice, Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta Dies in his sleep
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi