Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Central Bank of Nigeria on Friday placed a “Post no debit order” on the account of several gaming and sports betting companies in a letter made available to newsmen.
A Post no debit order is a situation where all transactions are prevented (block) on an account, i.e preventing money from going out of the bank account. Any transaction related such as ATM card, checks, credit card transactions are not allowed.
Top gaming companies could be seen on the list of companies banned from transactions …
Internally, the CBN accused the companies of disrupting the Forex ecosystem. Traditionally, the CBN do not sell dollars to Gaming companies making the companies to source for their dollars on the black market.
CBN’s directive comes before the resumption of forex sales to BDCs by the Central bank on Monday 7th of September, in doing this the CBN plan to reduce the demand for FX in the BDC market.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer
- Nigerian tribes want Yahaya Bello to contest 2023 presidential election
- Just In: Resident doctors suspend strike
- Hoodlums disrupt PDP North-West zonal congress
- Senate President Ahmed Lawan says Nigeria can never become a failed state
- Federal Government signs new MoU with striking doctors
- Veteran Nollywood Actor, Bruno Iwuoha Dies At 68
- Just In: Terrorists kill 8 miners in Plateau
- Denied By The System: Nigerian students lose scholarships as Universities delay transcripts
- Lagos City Marathon: Kenyan Emmanuel Naibei and Ethiopian Meseret Dinke emerge champions