Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Super Eagles will launch new jerseys designed by kit-sponsors Nike for national teams in October.
This was announced in a statement by the NFF’s Communications Department on Tuesday.
NFF president Amaju Pinnick had said in January that the new national team jerseys would be unveiled in New York, London and Nigeria.
Further plans for the unveiling were however put on hold due to COVID-19.
Nike Senior Director, Global Communications, Heidi Burgett, had in February 5, shared the designs of the new national team’s jerseys on Twitter.
“New 2020 kits for Nigeria: Home kit’s hand drawn design fuses the traditional aesthetic of an agbada robe w/ modern football design. Away kit trim is inspired by Onaism. Broader collection of Super Eagles apparel includes a poncho, vest, dress, & more,” Burgett wrote
Officials of the NFF, which include Pinnick, vice presidents, Seyi Akinwunmi and Shehu Dikko; General Secretary, Mohammed Sanusi; board members Ibrahim Musa Gusau and Felix Anyansi-Agwu; Director of Communications, Ademola Olajire; Head of Marketing, Alizor Chuks and Special Assistant to Pinnick, Nasiru Jibril met with officials of Nike Tina Salminen, David Watson and Lee Murphy via a virtual meeting on Monday.
- Nigerian students can now work in the UK after schooling; here’s the latest directive
- You promised to free her, Leah Sharibu’s family writes Buhari
- Breaking: No fewer than 19 persons have been abducted in Kutunku village in Niger State
- “OBJ, faults and all” – Kingsley Moghalu says former President Obasanjo is Nigeria’s best president since 1999
- Minister Pauline Tallen’s niece has been kidnapped In Jos
- EFCC invites Ondo Assembly members over fraud allegations
- #IWD: Aisha Buhari laments school kidnapping
- ‘2.5 million people have registered to join APC in Kano’ Ganduje says
- Federal Government to establish special courts, judicial divisions on GBV – Malami
- Mercy Abang makes list of 100 most inspiring women 2021