Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi said the estimated time for completion of the Transportation University in Daura by the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) was September 2021.
Mr Amaechi made this disclosure when he visited the site in Daura to confirm commencement of work on the project on Saturday.
”There have been too much noise about them (CCECC) not constructing anything. When you got there you saw that they were constructing. They have just got the approval from the state government.
”Proper construction will start at the end of September and hopefully they should be about to complete it at the end of September next year.
”This is not a railway contract. This is a gift from them (CCECC). I have said my assumption is that they should finish by next year September,” he said.
According to Mr Amaechi, the project will also entail the construction of a primary and secondary school.
He said: ”The idea is that there should be a primary school in it, especially for those lecturers who will come from outside.
”There will be two building for the primary School, a secondary school and then the university.
”Don’t forget that it is a gift, so they may not be as dedicated as they will be when it comes to a proper contract.
The minister, however, said that the contractors had assured that they would give the project the same attention they accord to the railway construction.
On manpower, Mr Amaechi said the Chinese would provide all that was required for the construction for five years after which the Federal Government should have been able to get its own technical staff.
The minister said the cost of the project worth about 50 million dollars.
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS
- “The ongoing protests show that there is hidden agenda, APC on #EndSARS
- Protesters block airport road as Soldiers take over #EndSARS locations in Abuja
- Breaking: Edo State Government declares 24-hour curfew #EndSARS