Estimated Reading Time: 1
A mentally ill man, Feyisola Dosumu, aka Spartan, has been killed by policemen on suspicion of being a serial killer.
Punch Newspaper reports that Feyisola was said to be a cultist and drug addict who had graduated from a polytechnic in Abeokuta.
He was reportedly admitted to the Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital, Aro, Abeokuta, for treatment after he developed a mental illness.
He however, escaped the facilities and went back to Ogere town where he was accused of killing many residents in Ogere and Iperu, Ikenne Local Government Area of Ogun State.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the development to PUNCH journalists on the telephone.
“The police had tried to catch him yesterday (Monday), but he escaped. We cannot allow him to continue killing people. We are going to parade his corpse later today,” he said
No information was however given about the investigation that led to his capture and subsequent killing.
- Breaking: Armed security officials fire live bullets at thousands of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos
- Flight operations at the Murtala Mohammed Airport suspended
- Nigerian senate asks Buhari to Immediately address citizens #EndSARS
- Breaking: IGP deploys anti-riot policemen nationwide
- Just In: All Progressives Congress leader wants court to shutdown twitter in Nigeria
- Tension as hoodlums set ablaze another police station in Lagos State
- Speaker Gbajabiamila says he will not sign the 2021 Appropriation Bill until … #EndSARS
- Breaking: Lagos Government declares curfew over #EndSARS protests
- Nigerian economy loses N700bn to #EndSARS protests in 12 days
- Just In: 8 killed, 7 others injured in a tanker explosion in Niger State