Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen on Monday invaded Damba-Kasaya Community in the Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State and killed one person.
Scores of the residents of the area, including a JSS 3 student, were said to have been kidnapped by the gunmen who arrived in the community on motorbikes at about 8am.
It was learnt that the bandits had operated at the village where they abducted many before finally invading the Prince Academy where they picked the JSS3 student.
A villager was said to have been shot by the bandits while chasing them.
The bandits, according to a resident of the area, Mallam Bawa Wakili, came in large numbers and shot sporadically.
He also said the gunmen broke into the Aminci Baptist Church within the community where they destroyed musical instruments, including the public address system valued at thousands of naira.
Wakili said, “They abducted many people in the village, then they went to Prince Academy and abducted many of the students who were receiving lessons for their JSS3 exams.
“I cannot say how many people were kidnapped, but they went away with many people.
“The villagers, not knowing that the soldiers had been withdrawn, kept pursuing the bandits in the bush, the bandits fired at them and one person was killed.”
Punch Newspaper reports that the Kaduna State Police Command had yet to confirm the incident as of press time.
- Breaking: Armed security officials fire live bullets at thousands of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos
- Flight operations at the Murtala Mohammed Airport suspended
- Nigerian senate asks Buhari to Immediately address citizens #EndSARS
- Breaking: IGP deploys anti-riot policemen nationwide
- Just In: All Progressives Congress leader wants court to shutdown twitter in Nigeria
- Tension as hoodlums set ablaze another police station in Lagos State
- Speaker Gbajabiamila says he will not sign the 2021 Appropriation Bill until … #EndSARS
- Breaking: Lagos Government declares curfew over #EndSARS protests
- Nigerian economy loses N700bn to #EndSARS protests in 12 days
- Just In: 8 killed, 7 others injured in a tanker explosion in Niger State