Estimated Reading Time: 2
The Nigerian Army has officially opened it’s online portal for the 2020 recruitment registration exercise for Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC26/202) and Short Service Combatant commission (SSC47/2021).
The Nigerian Army headquarters announced this via it’s Twitter handle, noting that the registration exercise commences immediately and free of charge.
Below are the requirements and application process
- Applicants must be a Nigerian citizen by birth.
- Height must be above 1.68m for male and 1.65m for female.
- Applicants must be medically and physically fit.
- Applicants must not have any criminal conviction(s) from a court of law in his or her history.
- Applicants age must be between 23 and 27 by January 2021.
- Applicant must have a valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid declaration of age certificate.
- Applicants must have at least first degree and not less than a Second Class Lower Division or HND with no less than a Lower Credit in arts, sciences or humanities from an accredited institution of learning.
- Candidates must have completed the one year mandatory National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) with a discharge certificate or a valid exemption certificate.
- Candidates must submit a Letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Candidates must not have tattoo or any other thing written on their body and must not belong to any cult/secret society/fraternity.
How to apply:
- Interested and qualified candidates are advised to log on to recruitment.army.mil.ng or visit the Nigerian Army web page at recruitment.
- Select the course you are interested in and apply for the course you want.
- Applicants will be required to upload documents such as a passport photograph, educational certificates, birth certificate or declaration of age, certificate of state of origin, evidence of membership of any professional body.
- Upon completion of registration, applicants are expected to print out the online generated slip.
- A registrar of any court of Law in Nigeria is expected to sign the first page of the generated slip while the applicants’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above, who is from the same state of origin with the applicant will sign the second page.
- All applications must be submitted not later than 29 September 2020.
We wish you success as you apply.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’