Estimated Reading Time: 1
Kaduna state Government has responded to reports of the Nigerian Bar Association’s decision to withdraw Governor Nasir El-Rufai’s nvitation to speak at this year’s NBA conference
In a statement signed by the special adviser on media and Communications, Muyiwa Adekeye, the state government said the Governor Nasir accepted the invitation of the NBA to participate in a panel discussion on national identity as part of his commitment to the evolution of a national consensus.
“NBA platform or not, these worthy conversations must continue.” He said
Read the full statement below
Meanwhile, the Socio-economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has lauded the Nigerian Bar Association for withdrawing Governor Nasir El-Rufai from its list of speakers.
A statement from SERAP on their Twitter account reads:
“We welcome decision by @NigBarAssoc to withdraw its invitation to Kaduna State Governor Nasir el-Rufai on ground of poor human rights record,” it tweeted.
SERAP also urged the NBA to invite the Federal Government to the conference.
It added that the federal government must obey rule of law.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students