Estimated Reading Time: 1
The presidency has denied reports alleging that former Speaker Umar Ghali Na’Abbah has been invited by the Department of State Services, DSS, over his alleged comments about President Buhari.
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu said in a statement issued on Sunday: “Our findings have revealed that his invitation has nothing to do with the alleged irresponsible utterances by Umar Ghali NaAbbah, which in any case did not catch the attention of the Presidency, or of any serious politician for that matter.
“There are serious politicians who talk, and the Presidency responds because such politicians throw jibes which must get attention.
“Flash in the pan politicians and those who fabricate political relevance don’t bother anyone.”
The Presidential spokesman advised Na’Abba to distance the presidency from the situation he has found himself and sort himself out accordingly.
Na’aba, a former Speaker of the House of Representatives, had called on all Nigerians of conscience to join NCFront, a pressure group, in rescuing and saving Nigeria from the anarchy and fear of an impending doom. He appealed to citizens to join forces in creating a new Nigeria that works for all.
Mr. Na’aba, who is the co-Chair of NCFront, spoke during his address at a global press conference, organized by conveners of NCFront in Nigeria, on Monday.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’