Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Oyo State Police Command has announced the escape of a suspected serial killer, Sunday Shodipe, connection with ritual killings of people at the Akinyele area of Ibadan, Oyo State.
Commissioner of Police in the state, Joe Nwachukwu Enwonwu, made this known on Sunday in a statement by Public Relations Officer of the command, Olugbenga Fadeyi.
Mr Fadeyi said the suspect, who allegedly committed his dastardly acts in Akinyele Local Government Area of Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, was arrested and paraded along with two others at the Oyo State Police Command on July 17.
He escaped from police custody on August 11.
“Consequent upon this, the CP wishes to implore the general public to be on the lookout, arrest and immediately inform the officers and men of the command when sighted for immediate handing over for further action.”
Mr Fadeyi did not explain how the suspect managed to escape and why the statement is coming days after he escaped from police custody.
He also did not say if any police officers have been detained for their complicity in the escape.
- Soldiers forced medical doctor to swim inside muddy water at gunpoint
- Breaking: COVID-19 palliatives “looting” begin in Northern states – gunshots at ex-Speaker Dogara’s house
- Gani Adams says ‘those in power today are a product of protests’
- Bola Tinubu says #Endsars protesters “who suffered casualty” during Lekki massacre had questions to answer
- Abia State Government relaxes curfew
- Gunmen stormed a school in Cameroon, killing at least six children studying in class
- Just In: Kaduna Govt imposes curfew in parts of Chikun and KD South LGAs
- Psychiatric hospital, INEC, NLC, NDDC, WAEC office, Banks torched
- Stan Chu Ilo: Nigeria, a Nation that Kills her Children
- Breaking: Hoodlums set ablaze Nnamdi Azikiwe’s statue ablaze in Anambra