Estimated Reading Time: 1
A team of Ghanian Policemen have forcefully shut a large shop belonging to a Nigerian businessman, in Accra, capital of Ghana.
The policemen, in a video were observed, first threatening to close down the shop of the Nigerian, over the non-payment of $1 million, as tax to the Ghanian Government.
However, the Nigerian business merchant, while fiercely challenging the security men’s action, claimed that he has paid both his company tax, and all other necessary fees, even before registering his business.
The Nigerian businessman, who was obviously furious, challenged the policemen to provide evidence of non-payment of tax, by him.
He lambasted the Ghanian security personnel for treating Nigerians in their country so harshly, and cruelly.
While videoing the incident himself, the Nigerian trader, further picketed the Policemen for treating their fellow Africans so unfairly.
He yelled: “I have been doing business in Ghana since 2007, and I have not defaulted in paying my tax. I have the necessary papers to back up my claim. You guys are only closing our shops because of the $1 million you ask us to pay. Where do you want us to get the $1 million”.
The security personnel were thereafter seeing closing the Nigerian businessman’s shop with padlock.
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party