Estimated Reading Time: 1
A member representing Dass constituency in the Bauchi State House of Assembly, Honourable Musa Mante has been killed.
Channels Television news reports that the lawmaker was murdered around 2 am by gunmen in his residence at Baraza, Dass Local Government Area of the state.
The gunmen also abducted his two wives and a year-old-daughter.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Ahmed Wakili confirmed the incident to Channels Television.
He explained that the police has intensified efforts to rescue the victims and arrest perpetrators.
Meanwhile, the lawmaker’s corpse has been deposited at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital, Bauchi.
The deceased lawmaker will be buried later today according to Islamic rites.
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party
- APC was created by people who wanted to get power by all means – Mukhtari Shehu Shagari
- Buhari has done nothing other than make enemies for the herders – Miyetti Allah says in call for restructuring
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west